Box Office Customer Service Representative (Part-time)
Reports to: Director of Ticketing
Date Open: February 14, 2016
The Peace Center, downtown Greenville’s premier performing arts venue, is currently seeking qualified applicants for an excellent opportunity as Part-time Customer Service Representative in the Box Office. The Box Office Customer Service Representative position provides ticketing services for all events at the Peace Center by providing all patrons with an outstanding customer experience.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Provide a high level of customer service to all Peace Center guests in a friendly, welcoming and efficient environment.
- Process phone and in person orders using AudienceView – a web based CRM system.
- Assist with night of show walk up sales and will call distribution.
- Assist customers with purchase decisions such as performance availability, pricing and seating recommendations.
- Troubleshoot customer concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner. Resolve customer service issues with guidance from supervisors.
- Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of schedule, events and all sellable items.
- Understand and uphold purchasing policies.
- Collect complete and accurate data from customers.
- Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance projects.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
- Complete outbound calls to existing customers regarding upcoming events, subscriptions and donations.
- Contribute to the environment of the box office by maintaining a positive attitude and genuine interest in helping others.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, or non-profit arts industries.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Skill using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ticketing systems, especially AudienceView, a plus.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player.
- Passion for and/or experience in the performing arts.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and assist in unanticipated duties as needed.
- Ability to perform necessary functions in ticketing software.
- Ability to work in a call center environment including extended periods of sitting at a personal computer and use of a headset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
If you meet the qualifications stated above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
The Peace Center