Line Cook (Part-Time)
Reports To: Executive Chef
Date Open: September 24, 2015
The Peace Center, Upstate South Carolina’s premier performing arts venue located in downtown Greenville is currently seeking qualified applicants for Part-time Line Cook. The Line Cook position is responsible for the preparation of food following established recipes and food production procedures and complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Prepare food using established production procedures and following standard recipes;
- Determine amount of food and supplies required using production systems;
- Ensure availability of supplies and food, or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Plan food production so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportion food for serving and ensure proper service for designated area – Genevieve’s, Loft, Conference Rooms, Backstage, Ramsaur Studio, etc.
- Comply with established sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards.
- Ensure proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Store food properly and safely and label stored food with date and item name.
- Keep work are neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to the Executive Chef.
- Ensure the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Basic understanding of knife skills and cooking methods;
- Knowledge of safe food handling and sanitation practices;
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and under pressure of deadlines;
- Willingness to learn new processes and procedures;
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work long hours on occasion;
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with others at a fast pace in a small space;
- Ability to become ServSafe certified;
- Some professional kitchen experience is highly preferred.
If you meet the qualifications stated above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume, including desired salary range to:
The Peace Center