The King and I
Peace Concert Hall
Lincoln Center Theater’s critically acclaimed production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The King and I directed by Tony Award® Winner Bartlett Sher won four 2015 Tony Awards® including Best Revival of a Musical.
Bartlett Sher is reunited with the award-winning creative team from South Pacific and The Light in the Piazza. The King and I features sets by Michael Yeargan; costumes by Catherine Zuber; lighting by Donald Holder, sound by Scott Lehrer and choreography by Christopher Gattelli based on the original choreography by Jerome Robbins.
One of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s finest works, The King and I boasts a score which features such beloved classics as “Getting To Know You,” “I Whistle a Happy Tune,” “Hello Young Lovers,” “Shall We Dance” and “Something Wonderful.” Set in 1860’s Bangkok, the musical tells the story of the unconventional and tempestuous relationship that develops between the King of Siam and Anna Leonowens, a British schoolteacher whom the modernist King, in an imperialistic world, brings to Siam to teach his many wives and children.
Dive into the show and learn more about what goes on behind the scenes with a free Peace Talk.
- Tue, Aug 22, 2017 | 7:30 PM Add to cal
- Wed, Aug 23, 2017 | 7:30 PM Add to cal
- Thu, Aug 24, 2017 | 7:30 PM Add to cal
- Fri, Aug 25, 2017 | 8:00 PM Add to cal
- Sat, Aug 26, 2017 | 2:00 PM Add to cal
- Sat, Aug 26, 2017 | 8:00 PM Add to cal
- Sun, Aug 27, 2017 | 1:00 PM Add to cal
- Sun, Aug 27, 2017 | 6:30 PM Add to cal
Save more with a group of 10+! Click here for more information.