Event Security (Part-Time)
Reports To: Patron Services Manager
Date Open: September 18, 2015
The Peace Center, Upstate South Carolina’s premier performing arts venue located in downtown Greenville is currently seeking qualified applicants for an excellent opportunity as Event Security. Event Security is a part-time position responsible for ensuring the safety of artists and patrons of the Peace Center and the security of the premises during events on the Peace Center campus. Event Security is scheduled according to the event calendar and assigned by location to include all areas of the Concert Hall, Gunter Theatre, TD Stage, Genevieve’s, and Huguenot Loft.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Monitor and reasonably control the behavior of patrons to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees at Peace Center events.
- Monitor and control access to the stage, backstage area, and loading docks.
- Maintain clear aisles and limit access to appropriate areas of the facility before, during and after events.
- Assist in the physical removal of unruly, intoxicated or disorderly persons.
- Assist with deliveries to the loading docks back stage.
- Directing truck and bus traffic/parking for event load-ins and school time performances.
- Provide directions and assistance to patrons and artists as needed and appropriate.
- Assist with traffic flow and crowd management campus-wide.
- Assist with investigating and resolving patron complaints, escalating to management when necessary.
- Perform a sweep of the facility after each event to ensure appropriate areas have been vacated in a timely manner.
- Assist Event Department with set-up and breakdown of events in the Loft, as assigned.
- Act as Lead On-site Contact for events in the Loft, as assigned.
- Follow the standard operating procedures of the Peace Center and policies of the City of Greenville.
- Follow all safety guidelines and processes and report any unsafe working conditions immediately to a member of management.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse population;
- Able to follow directions and use sound judgment to make good decisions;
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Previous law enforcement, event security, or related experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of principles of Crowd Management;
- Working knowledge of South Carolina Crime Codes (training provided),
- CPR/AED Certification (training provided)
- Routinely lifts and carries up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently pushing and/or pulling of items up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally lifting items up to 50 lbs.
- Constantly moving throughout the event space while carrying items
- Able to be trained and comply with life-safety procedures
- Able to be trained and comply with food safety handling guidelines
- Able to be trained and perform the various roles of Event Staff
- Available to work nights and weekends on an irregular schedule
If you meet the qualifications stated above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
The Peace Center