Event Staff, Part-time
Date Open: February 16, 2018
The Event Staff position assists with food and beverage service, guest attention and overall logistics of Peace Center events in the following positions: Server, Bartender, Hostess, Food Runner, Expediter, or Steward. Clear communication and teamwork while maintaining the Peace Center’s standard for excellence resulting in the overall success of events is key to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide excellent food and beverage service for events
- Uphold the highest level of customer service
- Assist with set-up of bars, including linens, glassware, etc.
- Exhibit a friendly and approachable attitude toward guests and staff
- Follow directions given by the assigned Event Captain and seek direction as needed
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures
- Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor
- Maintain clear and open communication with all staff members
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Events Manager, Event Coordinators, or Event Captain
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- Working knowledge of food and beverage service preferred
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to interact with diverse groups in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be teamwork oriented and work well within the team
- Routinely lifts and carries up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently pushing and/or pulling of items up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally lifting items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Constantly moving throughout the event space while carrying items
- Dispense alcoholic beverages and control service to ensure accordance with liquor laws and company policies and regulations
- Able to be trained and comply with life-safety procedures
- Able to be trained and comply with food safety handling guidelines
- Able to be trained and perform the various roles of Event Staff
- Available to work a flexible or irregular schedule
If you meet the qualifications stated above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
The Peace Center