Teen Music Ambassadors
Music Performance and Mentorship Program
The Peace Center Teen Music Ambassadors program engages outstanding high school students who are passionate about music in developing stronger performance and leadership skills. Led by Peace Center Artist-in-Residence and Avery Fisher Career Grant winner Igor Begelman, the program fosters the development of musical teamwork, performance practice, communication, and civic engagement through the arts. Students receive free tickets to attend performances, master classes with great artists, and career development workshops presented by the Peace Center. The ambassadors perform at the Peace Center and in the community at the culmination of the program.
Mentorship with Peace Center Artist-in-Residence
Leadership and advocacy in the community for the arts
- Develop a community of young adults who have a strong passion for music and a desire to advocate for the arts.
- Foster relationships among musicians of differing genres and disciplines through collaborative rehearsals and performances.
- Create opportunities for emerging artists to perform innovative concerts at the Peace Center and in the community at large.
- Must be an instrumentalist, vocalist, or composer in grades 9-12 as of Fall 2019 and a resident of Greenville County.
- Attend a two-hour Teen Music Ambassador orientation session in the Fall.
- Participate in a monthly afternoon coaching session with Peace Center Artist-in-Residence and fellow ambassadors.
- Participate in master classes by visiting artists.
- Attend two Peace Interludes – musical appreciation events.
- Attend 4-6 cultural performances by an array of artists in a variety of genres.
- Participate in a culminating performance at the Peace Center and in the Greenville community, arranged by Peace Center. Each Ambassador will play a crucial role in the development and execution of the culminating performance with the guidance of Peace Center staff. The performance will be video-taped and shared with each participant.
- With parental permission, complete and submit the application by Sept. 1, 2019.
Larisa Gelman, Vice President of Community Impact
[email protected], 864.679.9209
Thank you for your interest in the Peace Center Teen Ambassadors Program. The application window is now closed. Please check the website in May 2020 for the next opportunity to apply.