The Songwriter's Workshop with Maia Sharp and Gabe Dixon
Part songwriting workshop, part master class, Sharp and Dixon will present a one-day workshop designed to help aspiring songwriters put the finishing touches on their songs.
In an intimate setting, surrounded by like-minded songwriters, these artists will review and discuss your songs, providing valuable feedback on how you can continue to develop your work.
Great takeaways will include:
- Getting the most out of phrasing, rhythm and rhyme
- Navigating the curse of the second verse
- Does the song need a bridge?
- Writing alone vs collaboration
- Harnessing your muse
Plus, an opportunity to have your questions about the craft and business of songwriting answered.
Workshop participants should be prepared to share two songs via live performance or recording. Additionally, typed lyric sheets will need to be submitted via email prior to the workshop.
- 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Introductions & group session song #1 critiques
- 1:00 – 1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 – 5:30 PM: Q&A and discussion of FAQs, song #2 critique session
- Sat, Mar 3, 2018 | 10:30 AM Add to cal