Bicycle Film Festival Greenville
DateOctober 1, 2022
AvailabilityOn Sale Now
Bicycle Film Festival is an international phenomenon. Founded in New York, the festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film, and music for the last 22 years. Bicycle Film Festival is a major catalyst for the bicycle movement, one of the most powerful and culturally relevant forces of the last decade. BFF has been hosted around the world in up to 100 cities, to an audience of over one million people. The international locales included Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai, Mexico City, Cape Town, Istanbul, and more at some of the most important venues such as Sydney Opera House and the Barbican in London.
BFF Greenville presents an international short film program that will appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everyone in between. Curated documentaries, narratives, animations, award-winning directors, and emerging talents – all sharing equal billing.
Featuring stories about:
- A grueling 240-mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
- Kailey Kornhauser and fellow “fat cyclist” Marley Blonsky are on a mission to change the idea that people with larger bodies can't ride bikes
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- The story of Marshall Major Taylor
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- The story of Leo Rodgers
- And more…