5 Questions with Eddie Palmieri
Born in Spanish Harlem and raised in the Bronx, Eddie Palmieri learned to play the piano at an early age. Blending his Puerto Rican heritage with American jazz and Afro-Caribbean flavor, he is now considered one of the foremost Latin pianists of the last half-century and was recognized with the National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Masters award in 2013.
1. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
During this most difficult and upheaval time on this planet and in our history in general I would love to be able to heal the hatred and animosity that surrounds us all every day.
2. What would you use your three wishes on?
Poverty, Peace & Progress
3. If you weren't a musician, what do you think you'd be doing?
Most likely I would be a Radio Personality with my own show playing a wide range of musical genres.
4. What is your must-have item when you're on tour?
At my age I always need to bring my memory pills....lol
5. What do you want Greenville to know about you?
I would love the community to know that I am a sincere musical student.