COVID-19 Health and Wellness Safeguards for the Peace Center
Taking care of you
The Peace Center is committed to doing its part to safeguard guests, artists, staff, and volunteers. Based on the COVID-19 guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC), the Peace Center has put into place the following:
- Face masks are required and must be worn over the nose and mouth while inside our buildings. Patrons without a mask will be asked to leave the premises.
- For the foreseeable future, lobby bars will be closed.
- Capacity: Seating capacity at the Peace Center has been reduced to accommodate social distancing requirements recommended by the CDC and the SCDHEC.
- Surface disinfection happens before and after every performance. Our theatres and lobbies are sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer using an EPA approved, food safe biocide—designed to kill coronavirus on surfaces within minutes.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the lobbies, restrooms, and backstage areas.
- Touchpoints have been minimized including:
- Apple Pay or Google Pay touchless payment options.
- Digital ticketing that can be uploaded to Apple Wallet.
- Touchless restroom fixtures.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing in the lobbies and restrooms. Maximum occupancy signs are posted at restrooms and elevators for easy reference.
- Air handlers have been adjusted to maximize air circulation and ventilation.
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization systems have been installed in all air handler units throughout our buildings to filter bacteria and viruses.
- Employees and volunteers are required to report temperatures and symptoms daily. Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or with a temperature of 100.4 or greater is required to remain at home.
- If patrons are showing signs consistent with COVID-19, they are asked to please stay home and get well.
- Please contact the Box Office prior to your performance to discuss exchange and refund options.
In addition to following the CDC and SCDHEC guidelines, the Peace Center is abiding by local, state, and federal governmental executive orders. These procedures were updated on March 24, 2021, and are subject to change.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make every effort to provide you with an enjoyable experience while keeping you as safe as possible.